We would like to inform you of our procedures and protocols regarding COVID-19 protection. This, we hope, will enable you to make an informed decision when considering a visit.
- Visitors who are unvaccinated or not fully-vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear masks. Following CDC guidelines, fully-vaccinated individuals do not have to wear masks while visiting the Research Center.
- We ask all unvaccinated guests to sign a waiver that states they are healthy and have not exhibited any signs of illness (COVID-19) in the last 14 days.
- If you are unwell, please plan your visit for a later date. If you have traveled to a high risk area where COVID is active, please visit only if you are symptom-free after 14 days.
- Appointments are recommended, especially if you are coming from out of town and/or your time is limited. Call 540-672-5366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- Guests can use a free disposable mask while visiting. If you wish to use your own mask, you are welcome to do so.
- Hand sanitizer and gloves will be available.
- The waiver sheets will be on a clip board. You may use your own writing implement. If you do not have one, there will be a supply available. After use, the pen/pencil will be placed in a separate container for later cleaning.
- Please be aware that we cannot spray or otherwise cleanse books and paper files, so if you wish, make use of your gloves or ours.
- After you are finished, files and books will be placed in a box and after hours will be spread out where they can air for 24 hours before being re-shelved/refiled.
- As you leave the premises, there will be a box for the disposal of any gloves/masks that are unwanted.
- Your chair and table space will be sanitized after use. Other surfaces, door handles, light switches, etc., will be cleaned on a regular, daily basis and/or after use as the case warrants.
- A bathroom will be available, which will be sanitized after each use.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call (540.672.5366) or e-mail (email@example.com) before coming.
Thank you for your courtesy and cooperation. If you find you cannot or do not wish to comply with our safety precautions, please check back when conditions have changed. The well-being of our members, guests, and staff remain the first priority.
This site was updated on July 4, 2021 Use the CONTACT US page for suggestions. Thank You, the Webmaster
© 2021 The Orange County Historical Society, Inc. 130 Caroline Street, Orange, Virginia 22960-1533
ORANGE COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY